It was my great pleasure to speak to the Power Users track at WordCamp 2015 in Raleigh, NC, on Saturday, November 8, 2015. Thanks to everyone who attended for your great questions and feedback. I’m glad I was able to add value to your WordCamp experience!
Below is the followup information that I had mentioned I would provide to our attendees as supplemental information to the lecture, as well as information from one-on-one conversation afterwards.
If you have any additional questions or comments, feel free to leave one below!
Books I Mentioned:
- Work the System – Free (but priceless!) book on how to setup systems in your business so you can maximize productivity, minimize errors, and automate your business processes.
- The One Thing – get extraordinary results by focusing on the ONE thing that’s MOST important in EVERY area of your life.
Will be made available as soon as it is posted at WordPress.tv:
Software and Services:
These are several tools and resources mentioned during the presentation or during one-on-one conversations. These are products I use and love every day and have no problem recommending them to you (nor am I bashful about making affiliate commissions from them either!) 😉
- BackupBuddy from iThemes: Allows you to backup a site on one URL and restore to another URL, allowing you to create a niche template, and create site after site in the same niche by jumpstarting your content development saving you loads of time helping you add more value to more clients.
- Plugin Developer Suite From iThemes: iThemes was instrumental in my early web development career and their support community is second to none and I highly recommend it. There is a 40% discount on this suite of themes, plugins, and trainings until the end of the month (Nov 30, 2014)… Wow!
- WPMUDev.org – another web development “partner” which has an exhaustive library of themes and plugins to help you create any kind of website for your clients.
- FreshBooks – Small Business invoice and payment collection – Automate your business back end! (I should have signed up YEARS ago!)
The three Charlotte area MeetUps are consolidating and rebooting for the new year. If you are in the Charlotte / Lake Norman area, I welcome you to join our group at MeetUp.com
These four videos were originally published in the members are of TheWPDojo. I look forward to repurposing the site one day to continue to share my nuggets of knowledge with the WordPress Community. You can view them in the player below or use the download link below each video to download them to your personal device. Let me know how you liked them in the comments area!
Creating Your Webmaster Money Machine:
Preparing For Your First 100 Clients:
Setting Up Your Web Development Business:
So You Want To Be a Web Developer…: